Monday, May 23, 2011

Hello Baseball Fans!

Greetings. I have played the game of baseball since I was 5 years old, and I have never stopped loving it ever since! I was born in Connecticut, and I lived the first 8 years of my life there. If you live in Connecticut, you basically have to make a choice as far as what team you will choose to cheer for. Half of my family are New York Yankee fans and the other half are Boston Red Sox fans. I on the other hand chose to go a different route...I became a Cubs fan! My family did not like this decision, but I blame it on the great Ryne Sandberg! He was my childhood idol growing up, and it was pretty cool that WGN would show the Cubs games almost everyday. My Grandmother used to take me to go see the Cubs everytime that they played at Shea Stadium against the New York Mets. However, I moved down to Tampa, but I was still a huge Cubs fan until the Tampa Bay Devil Rays were incepted in 1998. My knowledge for the game of baseball has grown over the years, and I hope to have some great discussions over the topics that I post in my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good man, it looks like you'll be able to have some good discussions on baseball with some sports freaks. It's just too bad the Yankee's are so superior to your "team".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats a pretty interesting decision with where you are from. I am originally from Long Island, NY and my grandfather is a Mets fan. With that being said my dad and his brothers all turned out to become Yankee Fans because they said they were forced to watch the Mets just about every night during the season and they couldn't take it anymore, resulting in all of them changing sides. Luckily for my father the Yankees were pretty awesome during the late 90s into early 00s (around that time is when my brothers and I had to make our own choice on what team we would cheer for).

    So you being a rays fan will be interesting. Look forward reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I dont know about the Yankees being the Superior team. I think subconsciously I did not want to choose a side of either team, so I decided to throw a curve ball at them at the time. I did love going to Fenway Park, (old) Shea Stadium, and (old) Yankee stadium. Those are definitely moments in my life that I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete