Monday, June 6, 2011

It Is Not On Purpose I Promise

I would like to apologize to the Baseball teams that will probably not spend a whole lot of time discussing. I mean let's face it, it is not like you are being discussed by anyone else either. I feel that there are a lot teams in Major League Baseball that really don't try to be contenders. And when they do, they always end up giving the player away due to the fact that they could not afford them.

Furthermore, I do feel bad for the teams that do not make the amount of money necessary to hold on to the top draft picks. Unfortunately, baseball does not have a salary cap, so all of the big market teams are going to eventually steal all of your good players. It is not a fair rule, but it has been in place for a long time, and I am sure that you are used to by now. This is exactly why teams like the Pittsburgh Pirates or the Washington Nationals will never be serious contenders. Even though the Pirates are not having that bad of a season as of right now, I do not believe that it will not last. So, I apologize for the teams that I will probably never mention in my posts, but I will try my best to at least mention one of your players if they make any headlines.

2 comments:

  1. That is definitely true. I think they should consider the salary cap; maybe just discussing it would give baseball a change to reevaluate this idea. Furthermore, basketball and football have salary caps; maybe it could be looked into. In addition this might help teams in small market. For example a team like the Oklahoma Thunder (NBA team) would not have had an opportunity to get far into the playoff if they didn't have a salary cap. Or is there another reason for their success. If you think there shouldn't be a salary cap, then why is that? That would be an interesting topic for a future post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with you 100%. However, even the owners that do not have a large budget agrre with the current cap rules do to the fact that they receive a certain percentage of money from the big market teams every year.

    ReplyDelete